Sunday, November 11, 2007

Jackson moments...

I know the comments that come out of any three year old mouth can usually be pretty funny, but lately, Jackson has had some really funny ones, and they always seem to happen on Sunday, when we are trying to teach him something spiritual. So the first one happened last Sunday, which was fast Sunday, and we were on our way to church. We hadn't had a chance to open our fast as a family yet, so Russ and I took that opportunity to not only open our fast with the kids, but to also talk about why we fast, and what we fast for. He asked us what we were fasting for that day and we told him that we were fasting for rain, so that we will have enough water for our needs. Then I started to tear up and cry, and told him that we were also fasting for our Grandma Ruth, who has not been doing very well. To which Jackson responded right away, "Mom, why are you crying? You're not even at the microphone." -Tell me, what do you say to that???

Next one was today at church, during the sacrament. I had pulled him on my lap, and was asking him what things we could do this week to be more like Jesus. He thought about it for a quick second and then very seriously responded, "Die." Again, I ask, what do you say to that?

5 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Ahhh, the gift of gab. Too funny. We have a nephew who starts off his by saying..."You know what I hate about Jesus?. . ." when he talks about going to stake conference.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Jackson is so sweet and cute. I love to hear the things that little kids say. I love that we have a place to write down and remember all of the funny things are kids say. Hope your doing well.
love ya
Trista

Suz said...

Jackson is hilarious! Just wait for, Max, though...once that kid starts to talk, he's going tokeep us all laughing, too. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma Ruth. Love you!

Christina said...

Don't you just love "almost" 4 year olds! So funny! Love your blog! Where's the header I made you? Need some help adding it? Chat me!!!

The Bennetts said...

I told my mom these stories and she laughed until she cried. How funny!