Friday, February 15, 2008

Painting fun & LOVE DAY!





Let me start by saying that my boys are OBSESSED with anything that is messy and always seem to end up in disasters. (I know, what little boy isn't...) And one of my new years resolutions is to stop being such an anal mom - and let the boys have more fun doing things that I really hate them doing. (I don't remember my mom putting restrictions on us for the sake of not making a mess - what's wrong with me?!) BUT I have to say that painting for kids is so much better than I remember it being! We had just a few random things of paint that was probably given as a gift, and Jackson was in a whole different world for over 3 hours one day. -And then the littlest munchkin wanted a part of all the fun, and it was not as much fun for the mom anymore. (I left the room to go and wash out some of their clothes that had gotten attacked, and came back to Max DUMPING the whole thing of yellow paint into his "bowl" - (aka the carpet!) to use! But it was so much fun while they were being good. Max was just as into as Jackson, and they would have loved nothing more than to paint for the rest of the day.



The kids and I had a busy afternoon yesterday for LOVE day! We had such a good time going out to lunch with Russ, and then we went and cut hearts for an hour - to go and LOVE ATTACK his desk at work. (Jackson, by the way, CANNOT keep a secret to save his life! Good thing Russ was just clueless yesterday at lunch, because Jackson spilled the beans about 3 different times...he was so excited!) The kids drew on some of the hearts and put stickers on some of them, bought him his favorite treats, waited til he was gone....and then ATTACKED! The kids could not stop giggling over what we were doing, and any time I put a heart somewhere, they got upset and told me not to help them. They had a BLAST putting hearts everywhere and anywhere. Russ was very surprised, so say the least...







And finally, to end the night of Valentines, we went to a very fun and funny party thrown by some of my girlfriends in my ward. (Seriously, when your cheeks hurt that much from laughing, you know you've burned some calories, right?!) Anyway, Janet and Emilee threw a great LOVE party for us all, and we had good games to play, art was drawn, tender and hilarious moments were shared, and we even got to dance for a minute. It truly was a celebration of love for the night, and we had a great time....I know Janet has done these parties for several years, but last night had to be one of the funniest parties I have been to! Thanks Janet - it was great, and thanks everyone else for making it memorable!

10 comments:

camille said...

I'm having anxiety just reading about the mess....I am SO SO like that! Caroline has never even had a sucker or an ice cream cone because the possibility of a mess stresses me out. Glad I'm not the only one...

janet said...

good for you! The problem I have is that I do the messy things too often and my house shows it.. like when my kids drop their paint brushes on the carpet. But the kids love it and it DOES keep them occupied! looks like lots of fun!

Emilee said...

That looks like so much fun! I guess it's hard sometime to remember to let them be kids!

Suz said...

I have the cutest nephews ever! Payton was looking at the computer with me when I pulled up your page and he said, "OH! MOM! I want Jackson and Max to come to my house! And Russ, too. I don't want them to be in Begas, they live too far away." So sad.

Alison Carter said...

Cute blog Denett! I like all the pictures from the V-Day party, it was so fun. I agree, my cheeks were hurting, I was laughing so much! That's so cute that your boys decorated Russ' office, what a fun idea!

katrina berg said...

What a fun LOVE day lady! I need to have Carsten paint with Jackson & Max & learn to enjoy the mess! :) He's way too clean about things lately! Loved all the pics of the heart attack & Jackson spilling the beans. Luvs to you all!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Way to go. Cut back and get messy. Next try jumping on the bed with them or dumping the legos out before they can! J/K. Valentines Party = BLAST. Oh my heavens. I smile every time I think about it. It was so much fun... Roses are red....

steph said...

Hey! Your boys are so cute and so grown up. You always do such fun things with the boys. I need to let my kids do more things like that. Your blog is so great...mine needs help.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

that sounds like you guys had a great valentines! Such a cute idea to decorate russ's office.

Jane said...

Such a cute blog Denett! I just added a link to ours. I love all the pictures of your family--so cute.