Friday, February 8, 2008

Top 10 Reasons to LOVE my hunny!

10. He has a FUNNY laugh...he loves to laugh, and WHEN you get him REALLY laughing, his laugh is contagious. Many of my friends comment on Russ's unique belly laugh, and I have to agree, it's definitely not a FAKE or POLITE laugh. I love it.
9. He is a hard worker and a hard player. I know he gets this from his dad, so it's true...they are dedicated to supporting those that they love, and love playing with their loved ones even more! He loves having a good time, and will go to extreme lengths (in some books!) to have a good time...
8. Life is NEVER boring when he's around. I know that I used to think that I would be known as the "fun" parent before I got married, because I thought my kids would love doing what I love to do! But since I have two boys that idolize their father, Russ is definitely the more likely one to add some sparks into their lives. But I feel the same way...Russ is always so fun, and we are never bored when he's here to play. We always have the best weekends together as a family!
7. He's a true kid at heart. I know that most women feel this way, but Russ will never age in my book. I've said before that he secretly loves going to Disneyland more than the boys, but it's also because of them that he loves going so much! He will always be up for an adventure, and "life getting in the way" is just not an option for him. He's a great playmate for the boys, and loves doing things on their level - or helping them get to "his" level - however you may look at it!
6. Russ is very thoughtful and very sensitive. Like I said before, he rarely gets very mad, and it takes a lot for him to yell. He is very easy going, and he is the first one to say to he's sorry when he's wrong. I am very lucky for that since I am so stubborn!
5. He is so good looking, and always has been. He's got BEATIFUL eyes, and BEATIFUL shaped legs. (sorry babe, I know you are going to die when you read this, but it's true!) I just think he's perfect.
4. His sisters call it cheap, but I have to admit, every one of our friends call Russ when they need a good deal. I LOVE that Russ can find the best deal on whatever he really wants. (or doesn't want in most cases - it was just too good of deal to pass up!) He cracks me up that he really does find the best deals on things, and that when we go to dinner - even with guests - it's almost always with a coupon of some sort. Call it cheap, but it saves us most of the time, since I am opposite of that.
3. He has a very strong testimony of the gospel, and is the rock of our family. He loves his calling as counselor in the Young Men's program, and the boys ADORE him, and I know he has helped their testimonies grow. He can be emotional about his testimony, which I love, and I love reading scriptures with him. He always tells me that I make things too hard, and I love that he always explains things more simplistic. His love for the Savior is contagious, and I know that I am lucky to be married to a worthy Priesthood holder that respects and honors his priesthood.
2. This one is one of the best things about him! And as all of my friends and family knows - RUSS IS THE BEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WORLD, and I'm not just saying that. He LOVES and ADORES his boys in every aspect, and I am so blessed that he WANTS to take his boys everywhere with him! My girlfriends laugh that he takes them so many places with him, and sometimes, it is me that needs a break - but most of the time, it's HIM that wants to take along his buddies. I know he would be a great dad to a girl one day, but there's definitely a special bond between him and his boys - maybe he's making up for not having a brother? I don't know, but his boys worship the ground he walks on.
1. I know it's cheesy, but I'm so glad he picked me! Without him, I would be lost, and I am so thankful that he finally decided I was good enough to marry! I love you Russ! Happy Valentines Day and happy LOVE MONTH!
This picture is definitely NOT my favorite, but he thinks it's great...he thinks it's funny when he grows out his mustache, because I tell him he looks kind of pedifile-ish! (sorry, nothing against mustaches!) This one isn't even the worst one, but I refuse to put on the one that he would like me to!

7 comments:

Christina said...

Is that the pic where Rusty is sportin' his WRANGLERS??? haha!! Sweet "stash" dude! LOVE IT! That was a sweet tribute to your hunny!

janet said...

Cute post. You can tell that Russ loves his boys! He is a great dad!

and that picture is totally pedifile-ish. If he grows it out again, I am keeping my kids away....

Emilee said...

That was so thoughtful & thorough! The picture at the bottom doesn't even look like him! He's best w/out facial hair for sure!!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

We had so much fun being with you guys the other day! I love the tribute to Russ. He is definately a great father and husband!!

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Hey where is the picture from the beach? I can't believe there is a tribute to Russ and no pictures of his backside to be found...;)

Horner Family said...

Super cute sis! You are so thoughtful, thanks for the idea. Love you!

Suz said...

Yup, that's my brother...pedifile-ish and all! (I don't know what's worse, his mustache or his Speedo!) And he sure does love his boys--he has a lot of lost time to make up for growing up with all girls! Not that he didn't have plenty of "brotherly" time with his friends...did you every hear about Glauser and him hanging underwear from his fan and turning it on? Seriously, I could still see him doing that. He will never grow up, you know that, right? :)