Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gotta Love It...

I was going to blog this the other night, because it was such a fun night...but I didn't realize it would be the last fun night we would have for a little bit! Monday night, Jackson woke up with let's just say....um, some stomach issues - which ended up being an all-nighter event with more than a few accidents. (I'm talking about the runny poop accidents here...) Anyway, that went on all night long...by the next morning, we were all wiped out. So a few puking incidences later, and now Max with a high fever and a nasty cough, here we are...still hanging out in the comfort of our germ-infested home, wondering when we are actually going to be able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we are having down here!

Anyway, back to what I was going to blog about...every Monday night, WITHOUT fail, when Russ and I say something about family home evening, Jackson will blurt out, "I want to have FHE with the Shumways!" We have never had FHE with the Shumways, so I'm not sure what he always has in mind, but we finally had them over that night, and the boys were super happy and hyper together, and a good time was had by all. (And it sounds like it was the last good time any of us have had!) Sorry Janet! Russ did a great Easter lesson, the boys were able to be silly and maybe even learn something at the same time, and we loved the green dessert Janet brought over to share, since it was St. Patty's Day. (the cake was still good tasting, no matter what you say!)
By the way, Aaron...if you were not feeling great that night, you are a great faker! The kids kept talking about wresting Brother Shumway after you left!





I took this picture that same night, before all the other crap hit - because they boys were so cute and happy about their matching jammies that I found on sale at Children's Place for $3! I miss those sweet smiling faces!!

8 comments:

Christina said...

Sorry about sick kiddos. That sucks! We hope you all start feeling better soon!!! The boys are adorable in their matching jams!

steph said...

Sorry you guys are sick. We have been going on 2 weeks of cold and flu..not fun. Your boys look so grown up. They are so cute! Get well soon.

Unknown said...

Sis, I'm sorry you guys have all been sick! I hope you are all feeling better. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Love you!

Emily B said...

I hope your kids are feeling better. I've heard about some nasty things going around. Happy birthday Friday. I'm glad you guys are celebrating. Adults need birthday parties too!
Emily =)

janet said...

that was the last day we were normal. I am SO sorry we spread the germs.. seriously!

can't wait for the PAR-TAY on Thurs. and since when are you my VT? How exciting!!

ldsppd said...

I know your birthday is coming up - so Happy Birthday!! I realize this is a totally impersonal greeting but now everyone will remember!!!

Liz said...

Love the cute boys and I am ready for more pictures of those two really cute ones!! Happy Birthday Dee. Love, Grammi

Mark Walker said...

We'll celebrate you're birthday again in a few weeks. Those are some pretty cute boys, even when they're under the weather...