Monday, March 17, 2008

It's good to be with family, and it's good to be home!

We just spent the past week with my family in Utah, and enjoyed mostly just them for a few days! I knew I wanted to go to Utah sometime this month, because my adored father had both knees replaced, and has been having a slower recovery than he would like, and has been in need of some cheering up...but then my sister ended up flying in as well, so we left in a hurry to go and spend some time with her and my very cute niece, Kaylee! As I think back on what we did, and what I would want to remember about this trip, there wasn't one outstanding thing that came to my mind. We did plenty of fun things as a family...going out to lunches, renting movies and staying up late, playing games for hours on end, going to story time at the library, etc. but the most fun thing was just enjoying their company, and not running around like a mad woman - trying to see everyone and do everything.

My favorite thing that Jackson keeps saying to people when they ask about his grandpa and how he's doing is this...."My grandpa's knees weren't working right, so they cut them up and now he can't walk very good." Um, that about sums it up, huh dad??? (is that what you pay for when you have your knees replaced???) My dad is a very special person to me and to my kids, and we were very sad to see him going a little slower than he would like to be going. However, his knees "not working" didn't stop him from playing their favorite game - "chase us" as they call it with them! He was slow, but he still scared the heck out of them anyway, and they loved every minute of it.
 
Posted by Picasa

We did take an afternoon, and went to the the Gateway Discovery museum with some of our good friends, and had a great time with the kids there. Jackson had been there one other time, and all he could remember about it was how cool the ball thing was...and it still was just as cool, but there were so many more things that they had a great time with! We could have probably spent another 2 hours there with the older kids, but the younger ones had just about had it by the end of it. What a FUN time it is there! Thanks girls for all the fun!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Allie and Noah said...

Your sisters little girl is sooo cute and looks exactly like you and your sister:)Hope all is well and i miss you guys!!
I love you!!!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I'm glad that you got to spend time with your family and not try to run around. That can be so hard. Sorry about your dads knees I have heard that is so painful.