Friday, November 7, 2008

Thanksgiving TURKEYS

You know you are having a good time when there are 8 children, 2 enthusiastic moms, 2 crafts in mind, lots of frosting and candy, and scissors, and no one is screaming, throwing a fit, or behaving badly. Marci and I decided to brave the craziness of the situation, and do something fun with the kids this afternoon. My children LOVE making crafts, and were thrilled to do them with friends. Our first craft was making Indian Tepee's. (or if you are asking Max, Pee-pees!) This is what we were trying to make them look like:
And here are Jackson and Max's tepees:
Theirs defitely has a LOT more character and personality! (We were thinking they made really cute Christmas trees too, so we may be repeating this craft next month!) As messy and as non-transferable as they were, they kids sure had a good time frosting them and decorating them. They didn't know what tepee's even were, but I don't think it mattered!
The other craft was making turkeys out of their hands and feet which they thought was also great fun, and Jackson loved cutting and creating his to make it his own. Thanks Marci for making our afternoon a lot more fun!


6 comments:

Emily B said...

I love the turkeys. That's so fun that they made them with their hands AND feet. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween and some good times with your families. I want to know how you got that deal for Universal Studios and the Wild Animal Park.

Bryson said...

That's so creative and fun looking!!! Where did you get the ideas?? Well that's fun fun!

The Smith Family said...

What great crafts. I think I might be using them too :)

I think Russ should teach a class about finding great deals and saving money. I would definetly sign up!! He is always finding the best stuff. Glad you guys had fun. Your such a cute family!!

steph said...

You are such a fun mom! My kids love doing crafts too but we don't do them enough. You gave me some great ideas...I might be stealing those for myself! Glad you are doing good.

Lesa Hough said...

That is one of my dreams...to do a craft day for my kids. I think you have inspired me!

Marci Morgan said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for being an on top of it mom, and documenting our lives!!