Monday, January 21, 2008

Another Jackson moment...

For the last few weeks, we have been telling the boys that we will not be bringing so many snacks to church anymore, because we moved into a brand new stake center, and the bishop has asked us to try and teach our children reverence and respect for a beautiful new building. (strongly meaning stop feeding your children through sacrament meeting!) So yesterday, I told Jackson that he was only allowed one pack of fruit snacks - something that could not be so crumbly and messy on the ground! A few minutes later, I see all his snacks laid on the carpet - under the bench, and he's "sneaking" them one by one under the bench as well. I told him to get up and to get the snacks off the dirty floor, and he looks at me, confused, and says, "but mom, I don't want Bishop Waldron to see me eating snacks!"....ahhhhh, the things that we learn from our children. I learned my lesson. Don't tell a child what the rule is, and then "assist" them in bending the rule. Dumb mom, dumb.

5 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Hey, they've got to learn it somewhere. Might as well teach 'em the right way. Just kidding. Thats very funny. Our ward is so void of little kids I see everyone (bishop included) drooling as I break out the crackers and M & M's. Nobody knows I'm not still nursing...

Suzie said...

Dennett! how are you? I linked over from Sara's blog. Your little boys are so so cute! Your blog looks so good! See you soon!...
-Suzie J.

Lesa Hough said...

Your blog is looking so good...and so creative. I got your funny message about my post about Steve. Yes...I can laugh about it.

Jackson's moments are hilarious. Love ya.

Suz said...

I would tell your bishop you will respect the building, but that he will be responsible for keeping all of the kids quiet without food during that 3 hours every week. I think that's pretty crazy he's regulating snacks...good luck with that!

Trenda said...

Cute posts! I really need to cut back on my kids snacks in sacrament too. It is funny the things our kids teach us!