Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our first Merry Christmas at HOME!

We had our first Christmas at home, and it was so nice to just have a few calmer moments after our crazy week of birthdays! We went to the Morgans for Christmas Eve dinner with the Keslers, and we had a great time. The food was delicious, the dessert was to die for, and the company we enjoyed definitely helped us not miss our families as much! The kids put Nativity scene, and it was adorable, crazy, and fun. Jackson was picked to be a shepard, and didn't want to do it, until he realized Max was going to be one of his sheep! He was a little more willing after learning that fact...I don't know that any of them really understood everything that we were trying to have them do, but it was fun anyway. It was such a fun night, and we are so thankful to have great friends who we consider our family down here!












C H R I S T M A S M O R N I N G!!!






The pictures show it all...we have been truly blessed this year, and the boys faces were priceless on Christmas morning. We put the boys to bed around 9:00 Christmas Eve, and an hour later, I went in to check on them - and Jackson was sitting on his bed, with his head behind the blinds, looking out his window for Santa to come. It was very innocent - and brought back all the memories that I had as a child - wondering how Santa would really come, and how he would really be able to bring me everything that I had always wanted. The kids had a great time opening all their gifts from us, from grandparents, from relatives, but most fun of all...from Santa. Jackson kept saying over and over, "How did Santa know....?" Ahhh...the magic of Christmas through the eyes of a child.

Russ surprised me with some running equipment, which was a complete surprise...and even I surprised myself when I started getting all emotional on him when opening my IPOD! He of course had to make the comment about being like his mother, which is just fine...we can cry if we want to! But I think I was emotional because Russ usually buys me whatever is on sale, or what HE thinks I should want...which isn't a bad thing, but I could tell that he had really tried getting me things that I would really use, and that I would enjoy - and I hadn't even asked for! I am so lucky to have three wonderful MALES in my life, and I feel truly blessed. We had Christmas morning breakfast at the Keslers, and then took the kids to Alvin and the Chipmunks later that afternoon. We missed our families for sure, but it was nice to have a quieter Christmas day at home, and make some of our own fun memories - with just our little family.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Looks like you guys had a Merry Christmas at HOME!! Yay for a fun quiet Christmas. Miss you pal.

Me said...

Cute pictures.We don't have that movie and we have not seen it, but we are so excited to see it cause we just saw I am Legand with Will Smith and loved it. SO great choice. We are already using the picture frame. Good stuff. Thank You.
Dustin and Christina

Crisdee said...

Merry Christmas!! So glad we could finally be in touch! Congrats on your house it looks like you guys had a great time this Christmas...
Happy New Year too! :)
Crisdee

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That is nice that your were able to stay home. I'm sure that made it so nice to be able to relax and not haul everything! i'm glad you are enjoying las vegas and that you have so many great friends!

Suz said...

YAY for Christmas pictures! SO FUN!

Russ looks like Where's Waldo. HA HA! Being home for Christmas is so nice, huh? Especially with the boys' birthdays, I'm sure. You guys will always have a crazy Christmas time.

I'm so glad the boys had fun! Max is definitely Payton's little buddy....Payton got a motorcycle and a jump and that's all he's been playing with. As long as it has wheels, we're set...and a trailer is a super bonus.

Love you!