Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday WEEK?!

 
Posted by Picasa

I don't know how I got to celebrate my birthday for 5 days now...but somehow, that's how it has felt, and I am such a lucky woman! My family and friends made sure that it was a day to be remembered and loved. First off, THANK YOU to everyone that called me that day, just to wish me a happy birthday...I was overwhelmed with phone calls from so many friends and family, and I appreciated it! One of my girlfriends had commented earlier that week something about how birthdays suck, but I disagree! Although I don't expect anything big or spectacular, I LOVE my birthday - just for that I get to talk to so many friends and family that I don't get to talk to very often.

The birthday celebration started on Thursday night, when a bunch of girlfriends from the ward all met at BJ's for some yummy dessets - to celebrate a couple of girls' birthdays with everyone, and it was a good time! The pazookies lived up to their claim to fame, and I'm pretty sure they kicked off my weight gain over the long weekend! THEY WERE YUMMY. We were happily SURPRISED from a visit from our bishop and counselor (over primary) to sing Happy Birthday to us, which was very sweet...(hey, singing in front of 30 women can be a little intimidating!) And then a group of us decided the night was still young, and went bowling at Red Rock. (oohhh....I am NOT 21 anymore, and realized that staying out so late does NOT pay off the next morning when you have to be MOM again!) But it was such a fun night, and thank you Kate for getting it all organized - and to everyone else that came out! I am blessed to have such fun girlfriends in my ward!

The boys were so excited it was my birthday, and Max kept saying "mommy princess today?" (Obviously, Russ had tried to grill it in his head earlier??!) And every time that Max was being sassy or mouthy, Jackson would remind him "Max, it's mommy's birthday today, remember? We have to be nice to her!" (hahaha) We spent the morning together playing at a park, then went to lunch and shopping with some friends across town. The night couldn't have ended better - with Russ and the boys taking me to Famous Dave's for a bbq dinner, where the boys CHOWED on ribs. Jackson still hasn't gotten to make me a cake for my birthday, since they gave me a free dessert that night, and he's so sweet in reminding me that we still need to do that.

Russ had gotten a sitter for Saturday afternoon/evening and surprised me by taking me to the temple and then to see Mamma Mia! I didn't remember to bring my camera that night, but I wish I would have, just to get his picture there - in the middle of all these crazy women, who were going NUTS dancing to the music and singing along. (Russ called them the menopausal women, but I didn't think it was very nice!) The musical was cute, and Russ never fails to surprise me with something fun for my birthday. He's the best!

I still got to celebrate until Tuesday, when a group of my girlfriends took me out again to dinner...the only thing I can say about this is that I am one lucky woman to be blessed with so many wonderful people in my life, and I do not take any of it for granted. I was brought to tears a few times during the night with so many thoughtful things that they did and said...thanks girls!

10 comments:

Emily B said...

I've been blog stalking waiting for you to post these pictures. I'm going to add you to my blog, okay? I'm glad you had a fun birthday and that it lasted so long!
Emily =)

Jon and Ashley said...

That was such a fun party. We don't get to see each other much at church, so it was fun to spend some time with you.

Alison Carter said...

What a fun birthday! I hate how quickly birthdays come and go, so the longer it can last, the better!

The Elliott's said...

Dee,

Happy Late Birthday. It sounds like you had a great time

Jules

Unknown said...

Happy Be-Lated Birthday! Miss you guys!

Christina said...

I'm sad we didn't get to "talk" on your birthday...I did leave a couple messages! I didn't get your message until 2 days ago?!?!? Weird. I'm glad to see you had a great WEEK!!!! :) miss ya!

steph said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday! Sorry it passed before I realized it...I should have called. Glad you had a good birthday week!

miranda said...

It was so fun to celebrate your birthday! Thanks for sharing. The waiter totally cut me out of the group picture that is so funny!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet friend that I miss so much. I am so sorry that I missed your birthday. I know that I am a terrible friend but I will make it up to you next time we get together. I am so glad that you had a week of celebrating. You deserve it! Thanks for being such a great friend! I love ya!!!
Trista

the Johnstons said...

D- Happy Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful princess day! :)