Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I swear I don't swear at my kids!

There are two things to share tonight that are definitely blog worthy, but I know most of you out there are going to be thinking, "Uh huh, sure....we believe you Denett..." But it's true, I don't remember swearing at my kids. Anyway, with that being said, this video is for your appreciation only for what I go through on a daily basis with Max. For those that know and hear my little Max talk, it's amazing that we can even understand him sometimes. I told my sister this story, and what she said was DEAD on. Listening to your kids tell you something is like playing one crazy game of mad gab. Except sometimes, there are no winners, and there are no answer cheat sheets. Just one extremely frustrated little boy, and one laughing or frazzled momma (depends on the day!) So this is the story, for those who haven't heard it already.

Max came and got my hand a few days ago and said, "Get dressed momma." No problem, we walk into his room, and we start getting him undressed. And then the drama starts. For 5 straight minutes, all I keep hearing is "boa sh**!" out of his mouth over and over and over and over and over again. I KNOW what I keep hearing, but I KNOW there is NO way he is saying what I am hearing. And I couldn't keep from laughing - even though I had NO CLUE what he was saying. He finally got mad enough to climb up his dresser, only to pull out his BOAT SHIRT, which is what he had been screaming at me the whole time, if I would have only had a cheat sheet for that one...

My other story is about Jackson, and I don't know how these stories both happened to fall in the same week. But it too deserves a laugh that comes slightly out of embarrassment of where he could have heard it. (In my defense, I did ask him where he had heard it, and he could not remember!!) Anyway, this morning, we were reading scriptures in bed, when Max decided to go and grab his stuffed animal from his room to hear scriptures too. Jackson jumped up to go and "help" him, which Max did NOT want, and started melting down screaming, "Max do it, Max do it!!" The next thing I hear is Jackson screaming at the top of his lungs, "What the freaking hell??!!" at Max, and then comes into my room, shaking his head. Again, I repeat, I SWEAR I have not said this to my sweet son, but who knows...I'm sure I have blocked that one out of my memory if I did.

13 comments:

Chandra said...

Oh my gosh! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! Max is so cute! Next time you come to Disneyland call us and we'll meet you there! Miss ya!

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Bowl Shift! That's crazy. Your son's gonna be a sailor some day. Swearing and boats on his shirt.

Suz said...

Max is so dang funny. Just wait until he's really talking....you're going to curse yourselves for wanting him to! Oh, Russ said you guys are starting the potty training thing, good luck! Yay for a day with no diapers!!

Allie and Noah said...

ha ha ha how cute are my 2 nephews:) i miss you guys and cant wait to see you!!!!

steph said...

Oh how funny! I have a couple stories like this too. Life without kiddos would be boring!!! You're boys are so dang cute!

Emilee said...

Sure, you don't swear at them... I love both of those stories!

Christina said...

Oh Denett!! I'm pretty sure you have said "freaking hell" to Jackson! :) hahahahaha I was laughing soooo dang hard at this post! Only because...I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! Brooklyn gets frustrated with Maddie and says "what in the freakin' A is your deal?" Hmmmm...pretty sure she got that one from ME! oops!

janet said...

SO funny!! We've had those moments at our house! way to get it on video!

Horner Family said...

loved the video! and Jackson...I can't believe it! I'm excited to see your cute boys next week!

Lesa Hough said...

So glad you got that on video. I love it!

Jane said...

This is so funny and totally cracked me up! Just get him to start saying it in church, and then you'll really get the looks!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

You should be careful about who watches your kids! This is super funny! I love kids... swearing or not!

Linsey said...

I don't believe you. As a mother of swearing little boys, I know they don't come up with it themselves.:)