Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter this year was so much more fun since the kids are older, and we could really talk to them about the real meaning of Easter. Not to say that they weren't excited to do the other fun things that come along with Easter, but they were both really interested in understanding and learning what we were really celebrating. Children are so sensitive and pick up on so much more than we really think they will, and it was a sweet experience this year to talk to them about our Savior and the love that He has for each one of us to do what He did.

I can't believe that I didn't get one picture of them on Easter Sunday in their darling Easter outfits (shirts and ties) that I had bought for them, but I blame that on the sickness.

On the Saturday before Easter, we have had a tradition for the last few years to have an Easter egg hunt at the Hawkins house, which the kids always look forward to. I was relieved not to have to try and come up with doing a whole lot on my own because I still wasn't feeling good, and the kids were so excited because this is the first year that they both understand what to do in "The Hunt." It makes a lot more fun of a hunt when you're not trying to find the eggs for your kids!



We also colored eggs this year, which the kids LOVED, and wanted to do over and over again. I don't know if the hard boiled eggs were ever eaten, but they stayed in the fridge for a long time so they could still look at them!



Sunday morning, we (I mean the Easter Bunny) hides their Easter baskets - with a trail of raisins leading to them. (I know, it's my lame way of hoping they will eat the raisins that morning instead of all their candy! - Which Max DID.


My favorite Easter picture of all, because this is how they usually sleep!

No comments: